Nordic skiing is a great way to cross-train during the winter
months. Here is a listing of some of the local places that have some
form of nordic skiing:
- Greek Peak Ski Center - Route 392, Cortland. 12 miles of
marked trails (all groomed), warming station, lessons, rentals and
- Podunk Ski Touring - Podunk Road, Trumansburg. 12 miles of
marked trails, warming station, lessons, rentals and food.
- Ski Denton, Denton Hill State Park - Route 6, Potter County,
Pa. 100 miles of trails, lodge with cafeteria, ski school, rentals
and ski shop. 814-435-2115
- Park Station Recreation Area - Town of Erin, Chemung County. 6
miles of trails and sometimes frozen lake tucked into 500 acres of
wilderness owned by Chemung County. 607-737-2843
- Harris Hill - Several miles of hiking trails, open fields and
picnic areas at a Chemung-owned park overlooking Chemung Valley.
- Rail Trail - 19 mile, flat trail along Pine Creek at bottom on
Penn Grand Canyon outside of Wellsboro.
We have a couple of triathletes running around here. We'll try to
capture upcoming events in this